Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc

Spine World Team

WE WANT SPINEWORLD BACK..JOIN MY FORUM AND HELP TO BRING SPINEWORLD BACK!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Recreation Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sanji

PostSubject: New Recreation Project   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:25 pm

Hey there!I think I could give it a shot.I don't know where I'm getting with this but I'll try, so I may get something good and close to the original version. If you're ready to help, reply to this topic.
That's what I made so far:
*Finished Sky Towers(this is the first place I've done since its my favorite).
*Added Inventory(although can't store stuff currently).
*Added Player Card(same,can't store anything).
*Worked a bit on Lin-Loo to get her more lively(made her blink).
*And Working on Sky Terrace.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdou

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Very interesting, I would like to see what you've got so far!
Maybe we could work together
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:56 am

Hey there Abdou!I'd be glad if we can cooperate and I've done pretty much since my first post such as:
-Added Cloud Garden
-You can type in chat bar but can't release messages yet
-A pet panel
-Click:
1: To play as a girl
2: To play as a boy
-You can use the smiley emoji by clicking on the emoji button
-I got some walking sprites from Trave(He's not helping me in the project,just so everyone'd know) but I still need the back and front walking sprites

If you'd like to see what I've done, you can download the game from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bn3606g60pvokcd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 am

Wow, good job, you have all of my support. Let's keep our heads up, we are going in the right direction. The only solution is for now recreating the whole game from scratch, I see you're using Game Maker, I have some experience with it. I see that you have struggles with making adjusting the hitbox, although it's still very impressive you've come this far. Keep up the good work, and if there's any way I could help, be sure to message me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OwKae

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 am

You have worked a lot on this demo and I would like to congratulate you. You also have my support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Hey!

@nikica9 Yep, I'm using Game Maker, I've been using it for 4 years now. Thanks, I'll be sure to seek u when I need help. :3

@Owkae Thanks for the support :3.

And sorry for taking long but:
New Version out:

Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bn3606g60pvokcd
-Zorof's Lab
-Thanks to Abdou, I managed to get the up and down sprites.
-The elevator in the beneath can move up and down :3
-Aqua Lounge
-May finish chatting
-Sanji
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 pm

I'm gonna try to find the Member's Lounge Smile
Impressive, really. What you've done in such a short amount of time, it's amazing !
I'm gonna give my best to find it. Good job really, anf keep up the good work, you have all of
our support Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:23 am

Another thing, you have some statues, benches that the player can just run over, simple solution for it is to make all of those objects with collision. That would be great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 am

Ok, so I was just playing the game and noticed a few problems :

1. Hitbox - Player goes through objects that should be solid (benches, lanterns, statues...).
SOLUTION Crop the sprites in photoshop, or just find them on internet (its easier to crop tbh), then make them objects with that sprite, and place them to the places those objects were before. Make them all solid objects (with collision). Then again if you do that there's another problem, the whole player sprite is acting as an object with collision, therefore preventing the player to go through narrow spaces (for example the chairs and the table in "The Den"). That means you have to make the hitbox on the player much smaller so only the bottom half of his legs are solid (have collision with other objects). Although there are objects that have to be worked on differently i will soon give you a picture of all those objects that should be fixed and how to fix them. This should be able to fix the problem. If you don't understand any of this please ask me, and I'll give a better explanation. I think this should be able to be done with Game Maker although I'm not quite sure.

This is how big the hitbox should be (the yellow rectangle) : http://prntscr.com/7pwzqz

Adjust it similarly for walking sprites.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Rooms - Player keeps spawning in the same position when leaving other rooms that are connected to that one (for example leaving Cloud Garden and going back to Sky Terrace spawns the player to the door where you enter the Sky Towers Lobby but instead it should spawn the player to the beginning of the stairs on the right side (where you have entered the Cloud Spire from Sky Terrace in the first place.))
SOLUTION Create replications of rooms that are same as all others but make the player spawn in different places (the places where the player should spawn in the first place.)

That means you have to have 4 Cloud Plaza rooms.

The first one already exists (when you leave Cloud Garden and spawn near the stairs).

The second one when the player leaves Cloud Plaza Lift Hall and enter Cloud Plaza (spawnpoint for the player in that room should be near the Cloud Plaza Lift Hall door (the door with BENEATH sign) in the Cloud Plaza (but of course not too near)).

The third one when the player leaves Snipo Snapo and enters Cloud Plaza (spawnpoint for the player in that room should be near the Snipo Snapo door in the Cloud Plaza (not too near the door or else the player will just keep entering Snipo Snapo.)

The fourth one when the player leaves Member's Lounge (we still do not have the Member's Lounge so we will talk about this later on).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You need to have 3 Sky Terrace rooms.

The first one already exists (when you leave Sky Towers Lobby and spawn near the door that leads to the Sky Towers Lobby).

The second one when you leave The Den (spawnpoint should be near the door that leads to The Den).

The third one when you leave Cloud Garden and enter Sky Terrace (spawnpoint should be near the stairs on the right side of Sky Terrace).

Again spawnpoints shouldn't be near the doors because the player will just keep entering those rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You need to have 2 Cloud Garden rooms.

The first one already exists (when you leave Sky Terrace and enter Cloud Garden where the player spawns near the stairs on the right side, again you've put the spawnpoint too near to the stairs adjust it to be not so close to those stairs, or else you'll just keep entering Sky Terrace).

The second one when player leaves Cloud Plaza and enters Cloud Garden (the spawnpoint should be on the place right after you finish walking on the stairs on the left side (on the top of the stairs on the right side)).

Then there is the additional third one which will be added when you create Zorof's lab. We will discuss this later on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Spawnpoints - Player gets spawned too near to the enter of another room (for example when you leave Sky Towers Lobby you are forced to enter it again because the spawnpoint is way too near the door).
SOLUTION Move the spawnpoint just a bit away from the doors.

This problem has been poorly explained but I think you should understand what I'm talking about.

4. Zorof's lab - Player can't enter Zorof's lab.
SOLUTION I still haven't found the solution for this problem but I guess we should discuss it later on.  

Thanks for your hard work, I appreciate it. I sent this because I see you really are giving 100%.

Anyways please reply soon, and tell me what do you think about this and if you agree then you should try to fix these problems ASAP.

Best regards,
nikica9.

P.S. I would really like to contact you somehow, maybe Teamspeak or Team Viewer ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:51 am

Oi there, thanks for the help. I'll send u my facebook link so u can add me, and we'll chat about everything.I promise the project will become faster as soon as I get my hands on some new laptop. I'll try out what u wrote,but I'll try finding a better way than making 4 rooms to make the player spawn near the correct door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:18 am

Can you also tell me which Game Maker version are you using ? And does your version have the Use Physics option on objects ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:10 am

I use Game Maker 8.0 Pro, as far as I noticed there are no Physics options in it.
That's my facebook, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010151431054 , I'm ALWAYS online, pm whenever u want and I'll reply fast.
Have a good day
-Sanji Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:48 am

It says your facebook page isn't available.
Maybe you didn't send the right link ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am

The link works for me, try typing Sanji Spineworld in the search box, I have a photo of a boy with a nose bleed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael567900

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello sanji I would like to help you out on the project, do you have a skype or gmail where we could message about it? I think it will go great you sound like you know what you are doing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trave

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:23 pm

The player's hitbox should only be the character's feet, since he should stop when his feet hit an object. Setting it to the yellow rectangle provided above would cause the character to stop when his head intersects objects.

Scenery hitboxes should only be the part of the object that touches the ground. This will allow characters to pass near/behind things realistically, stopping only when their feet colide with the objects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:27 am

I said that it should only be feet, but I didn't send the right picture :/
Still we need to adjust density of the player and other objects which will result in a very natural and smooth collision, it is not so hard and it should be done to make the game more realistic. Let's not forget the game is 2D and we have to create depth, so the player can go behind and front of objects.

P.S. I'm currently remaking the Member's Lounge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topox19547

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:41 am

Woah! This project will go pretty far if we continue like this! Nikica,can you please post member lounge image? I would like to see it as i got many memories of it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikica9

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:14 am

I don't have the image of it and I have to recreate every bit of it in Photoshop, currently I am trying to make it look as the original, so it is going to take a while. I'll send a picture as soon as I'm done with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topox19547

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:09 am

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvex5

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Sup!
Good Job to everyone who has been working on the project so far and I am amazed how most of the things in the application run! Smile
I just have two questions:
1. Is any one going to post a new update of the application with fixes for the spawning?(Sanji, Trave, Nikica9 or anyone else) I can't get out of the first room. I try to walk out the doors and I see a glimpse of the location outside but then I get back in the first spawn room again because it forces me back in.
2. Does anyone also notice that the sprite glides almost without moving his feet in a certain direction and that the player moves pretty fast, almost as if it's running. Is there going to be a running mode separate to a walking mode or is it going to stay at this speed.
Thank you for your time and please reply ASAP! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topox19547

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:05 am

Please, can you export it in html 5 and put it on itch.io so we can have updates every time without downloading every single version(and also play it on mobile devices)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 am

Hey!
Sorry for being absent for a while.

@micheal597900 I'm not the type who frequents messages so I prefer Skype. Here:
sanji.spineworld I have a photo of an anime guy wearing an eyepatch.

@trave I have already set the hitbox to be only the player's feet.

@nikica9 Take your time making the Member's Lounge, I'll be finishing other stuff in the project. I want it to turn out having a good quality.

@Silvex5 1.I'll try my best to get an update today including bug fixes,Snipo Snapo, and the Aqua Lounge.
2.I'll try reducing the speed of walking and yes there will definitely be a running option and a walking one, as we're trying to make this closest to the original here. Very Happy

@topox19547 I'll see about that, if I can then I'll probably do, if I can't I'll ask you to do it for me if you can. Smile

Best regards
-Sanji Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topox19547

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:22 am

@sanjii yeah i could try but i need the html exported project.if i remember good there was an option to export to html the project. Well, anyways if you are able to export it put it on mediafire to download and i will put it on itch.io if you want
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanji

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:55 am

@topox Fine I'll check that later Smile
This new version is more of bug fixes but I managed to add Snipo Snapo and the Aqua Lounge(half of it)
Bugs fixed:
No more getting back to the previous room.
The player now collides with the statue in Cloud Garden.
The player appears under the trees in Cloud Garden.
Added stuff:
-Half of Aqua Lounge
-Snipo Snapo
-The circle that's used for walking,although it's only a cursor now, so it doesn't help in walking.
Known bugs:
-The player moves under some stuff it shouldn't.
-The player moves a bit fast.
-I haven't added the 'left-up','right-up','left-down',and 'right-down' walking sprites.
Download link:
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/Q2yPMVyE/file.html
mediafire was lagging a bit so I didn't post the new update there.
Best regards
-Sanji Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Recreation Project   

Back to top Go down

New Recreation Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next